Under the Criminal Code of Canada, any kind of criminal offence is considered to be very serious one. Basically, a criminal offence is considered to be an offence that is committed against the state. On the other hand, Canada considers another kind of offense to be very serious and it is known as Quasi-Criminal offense. However, depending on the type of quasi criminal offense with which a person is charged with, a person can face serious consequences. Hence, as soon as one in booked under this Quasi Criminal offense one should take the help of criminal lawyers Toronto.
Understanding Quasi Criminal Offences
Some people when charged with Quasi Criminal offence don’t take it seriously. However, if one does that they should remain prepared to face serious consequences like fines, incarceration, suspension of license, and civil or criminal prosecution.
Although, Quasi-criminal comes under the Canadian law, but it can vary from one jurisdiction to another. However, the offence is technically regarded as a type of non-criminal offence but which carries penalty similar to that of a criminal offence.
In case of a person being charged with quasi criminal offence, the accused have the right to take the help of legal representative in order to protect their interests and rights. In this respect, criminal layers Toronto states that quasi criminal offences can take place in any kind of environment like corporate environment.
Lawyers Can Help In Understanding the Charges
Criminal lawyers are basically adept in handling all types of quasi criminal offences, in spite of the fact that it falls under the Criminal Code or any part of law regulation. The attorney will always try to protect the rights of their clients accused of quasi-criminal offence.
Moreover, when one takes the help of a lawyer, one gets to learn about the different kind of quasi criminal charges. Criminal lawyers Toronto can work on the following kind of offences. They are:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Liquor Control Act
- Ontario Securities Act
The federal government may pass criminal laws in Canada, but other parts of the government like federal or provincial or municipal can also pass a wide range of regulatory laws. Regulatory conviction can have serious consequences on the life of a person, such as:
- Harm to business reputation
- Negative impact on credit ratings
- Denial of license
- Getting debarred from business opportunities
However, criminal lawyers Toronto states that some typical quasi criminal offences are:
- Provincial Offence Proceedings: It can relate to minor offences that get initiated when a ticket for offence is provided to the accused. For example, a ticket for traffic violation and so on.
- Dog Owners Liability Act: It relates to public safety in relation to dogs like pit bulls. Endangering a person’s life is considered to be serious and punishable.
- Provincial Environment Regulatory Proceedings: Basically, citizens and government should protect the environment. Industries, businesses, and farmers are subject to this prosecution in case they pose a threat to the environment.
Criminal lawyers Toronto can provide skillful representation for clients from the very beginning of a case. The lawyer can help clients to get their sentences reduced and gain back their reputation.